Name: Bill Patterson
- Bus driver for Arrowhead Transit
- Works out of the Cambridge garage, primarily drives the Cambridge Dial-A-Ride bus
- Has nearly 30 years of experience in public transportation, including working for Metro Mobility and Heartland Express
- What’s your favorite part of being a bus driver?
- The freedom. As long as you come in and do your job, you are allowed to be pretty independent. And you meet some pretty cool people.
- What skills do you think best help you perform this job?
- People skills. I’m very good with people, but you have to be in this kind of work.
- What are your hobbies outside of work?
- Spending time with my family and watching Nascar.
- What’s one interesting thing about you that others may not know about?
- Generally, I’m pretty shy outside of work. That may be hard for some to believe because I’m so talkative with all of my coworkers and riders.
- What are your thoughts on being named Employee of the Month?
- Unexpected but very appreciated. I can’t believe people think that much of me.