Responsible for various technology and information system duties including maintaining hardware, software and peripheral devices. Responsible for providing individual and group technical assistance and training in all areas of technology including hardware, software and the use of peripherals. Responsible for technology project research, planning and implementation for specific departments. Assists with agency wide technology projects.
Associate degree in Computer Science or a commensurate combination of education and experience. Minimum 2 years’ experience with Microsoft Windows 7 Professional and Microsoft Office Professional products. Strong understanding of database concepts. Familiarity with VoIP. Ability to work with and troubleshoot TCP/IP, Ethernet, and Wi-Fi networking. Familiarity with smartphone and tablet devices including connectivity to wireless and cellular networks. Familiarity with computer hardware components and drivers.
Self-starter with superior communication, organizational and problem solving skills. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, set priorities, and manage multiple tasks and duties. Ability to apply hardware, software, and networking principles and techniques in problem solving computer related issues. Work as part of a team.
- Oversee specific technology project management evaluation, research, planning, and implementation
- Assists Information Systems Technology team with agency wide technology projects
- Manages the deployment, maintenance & repair, support and upgrade of desktop PC’s, laptops, software, hardware, and operating systems for multiple local and remote computer systems
- Troubleshoot hardware, software and local and remote connectivity issues
- Maintains Transit’s unique radio communication network
- Manages programming of Transit’s in-vehicle systems including Camera/DVR system, Radio, and Tablets
- Manages Cellular Phone/Data plans for Transit
- Purchases, inventories, and evaluates relevant technology equipment and software purchases
- Maintains and documents inventory, technical support issues, and repair history of computers and peripherals
- Develops and maintains documentation for systems, processes and procedures
- Designs and conducts individual or group staff technology training and workshops
- Manages and administers webmail accounts
- Participates in various advisory and agency technology committees
- Remains current with emerging technology
Starting Wage: $25.10/hour
Deadline to Apply: Monday, May 10