Job Responsibilities: Transports passengers to designated locations.
Qualifications: Minimum 21 years of age.-CDL with passenger endorsements preferred (for those who do not have their CDL, Arrowhead Transit will provide the necessary training to obtain it). Prior three years driving experience (professional driving experience is not required. Pass an employer physical exam, drug test, and “on-the-road” driving test. Ability to regularly physically assist a range of handicapped passengers (regularly push/pull 35 lbs; regularly lift 50 lbs., and occasionally more). Authorized criminal background check required.
Needed Attributes: Ability to work with the elderly, handicapped, and economically disadvantaged.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obeys federal, state, and local transportation rules and regulations
- Physically assists passengers on/off and about the bus
- Communicates by radio/mobile data terminal
- Maintains order on bus at all times
- Drives all routes in any assigned vehicle
- Inspects vehicle daily and completes pre-trip reports
- Cleans and fuels vehicles as assigned
- Completes daily paperwork
- Adheres to Transit’s Driver Manual & General Operating Procedures
DEADLINE: Open until filled